The Old Customs Watch House
The Old Customs Watch House
About The Old Customs Watch House
This rare hidden gem is truly one of a kind – tucked away within the heart of Cowes, the former HMS Customs House, 'The watch house' period cottage borders the picturesque Watchouse Lane which links Cowes Parade to the heart of Old Cowes.
With the Island Sailing Club to one side and looking out across the Royal Yacht Squadron start line of the Solent races, it is hard to imagine a more prestigious location.
Renovated and modernised throughout to a high standard, the property boasts sensational views across the Solent, the property sleeps 10 and is large enough to comfortably entertain from this 'crow’s nest' vantage point, complete with flag mast.
The ground floor has a super size new kitchen/diner, with a table and chairs to sit up to 10. Stairs lead to the sitting room which is on the upper floor with bi-fold doors to the roof terrace which offers fabulous entertaining areas and exceptional views of the Solent and Cowes Parade.
This fabulous property would suit families, a large group of friends, a racing crew or a corporate let.
An incredible holiday home awaits you – you will want to return again and again!
+ Specification . . .
- Capacity: 10
- Bedroom 1: Twin with ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 2: Twin (with extra guest single)
- Bedroom 3: Double zip and link with ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 4: 3 singles
- Bathrooms: 4 (3 shower rooms (2 en-suite) and one family bathroom)
- Check-in: 4pm
- Check-out: 10am
- Pets: We regret this property does not accept pets
- Children: We welcome children of all ages
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
+ Facilities . . .
- Fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven with gas hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, wi-fi, large Smart TV, gas central heating
- Linen and Towels included – we just ask you to please bring your own beach towels
- Outside Space: Roof terrace
- Parking available: No – local car park located adjacent to the property
- Accommodation spread over 3 floors
+ Pricing . . .
- From: £1715 per week
- To: £5000 per week
- Cowes Week: £5000 (minimum 8 nights)
- Refundable security deposit: £400 per person
- Non-refundable deposit: 25% with full balance due 10 weeks before arrival
- Booking Fee: £25
+ Guest Reviews . . .
We absolutely loved our stay at The Old Customs Watch House. It's a great location in the heart of beautiful Cowes. The property is charming beyond words and very well cleaned and presented. The view over the sea is stunning and a lovely place to watch the sun come up from. Cowes is a wonderful place to stay. Lots of lovely restaurants, pubs and shops. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety in such a small town. The seafront is gorgeous for strolling and beach combing. The kids had a great time. And of course there is extremely easy access to the rest of the Isle of Wight. Would 100% recommend this home and Andrea couldn't of been more helpful or quick to respond to queries.